9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you are probably aware cleaning the insides of the windows can be a pain no matter which cleaner you use .. sometimes you think all is well only to see streaks in the light.

One trick I use and use all the time is I clean the windows as usual then after all done I take a lint free clean cloth and I use a spritz of 50/50 rubbing alcohol & distilled water on the glass and a quick wipe and it eliminates any of those streaks.

Usually the streak possibility is worst on new cars from the interior plastics gassing off and cars that are smoked in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does this harm the tint or is it just products containing ammonia?

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Stoner's works the best of any purpose made glass cleaner. No streaks. On my tinted windows, I only use warm water and a micro-fiber rag. On the windshield, I first wipe it down with hot water on a rag then follow up with Stoner's wiped off with newspapers. Comes out squeaky clean and no streaks.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stoner's works the best of any purpose made glass cleaner. No streaks. On my tinted windows, I only use warm water and a micro-fiber rag. On the windshield, I first wipe it down with hot water on a rag then follow up with Stoner's wiped off with newspapers. Comes out squeaky clean and no streaks.
I use Stoners .. still get some streaking .. you have to realize we are talking customer cars and cars that don't get the windows washed that often.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Jesstzn, what about newspapers? I've ben using them for a long time and it works really well for me getting rid of water spots and streaks on non tinted windows.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jesstzn, what about newspapers? I've ben using them for a long time and it works really well for me getting rid of water spots and streaks on non tinted windows.
If it works for you .. no sense in changing .. recently the inks in the presses went water based ( non VOC) and in some cases you can ger ink transfer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I used your 50/50 mix(water & rubbing alcohol)on the interior side of my windows yesterday when I washed my car and it works better than stoners IMO.. I put rain-x on the exterior windows, will this 50/50 mix remove the rain-x next time I wash my car? I only put rain-x on every 3-4 weeks.. Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
I tried the 50/50 mix, and it worked great. No streaks.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used your 50/50 mix(water & rubbing alcohol)on the interior side of my windows yesterday when I washed my car and it works better than stoners IMO.. I put rain-x on the exterior windows, will this 50/50 mix remove the rain-x next time I wash my car? I only put rain-x on every 3-4 weeks.. Thanks

I'm not really sure .. I don't use rain-x

·
rotartsinimdA
4,050 Posts
Thanks for helpful tips, going to try 50/50 match tomorrow. I installed MUGEN window visors today and as I looked at passenger side window I realized quickly that the whole top half is one huge streak.... *embarrassed*

1 - 20 of 68 Posts