9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving my 2012 Civic EX sedan (15000 km on it now) and put 3 of the windows down half way or all the way. A little later, I decided to put the windows up and the front two windows went up fine, but the rear driver's side window would not work at all. I think it was in the fully down position, so it would not go down any further. But it wouldn't go up either... I tried the controls from both the driver's door and the rear door; neither worked. So I pulled over, turned off the car, and then restarted it. The window went up with no problem then.

Any idea what may have caused this?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yesterday I was driving my 2012 Civic EX sedan (15000 km on it now) and put 3 of the windows down half way or all the way. A little later, I decided to put the windows up and the front two windows went up fine, but the rear driver's side window would not work at all. I think it was in the fully down position, so it would not go down any further. But it wouldn't go up either... I tried the controls from both the driver's door and the rear door; neither worked. So I pulled over, turned off the car, and then restarted it. The window went up with no problem then.

Any idea what may have caused this?
It's a ghost lol
Who knows did they just do this once?

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
249 Posts
All cars have over-current protection on their power windows.. typically controlled by the computer.. most cars this protection resets on its own.. its possible honda's requires a key-cycle before... its easy to trip over-current protection on the 3 Non-Auto windows of the Civic.. if your rear window was already half down and then you pressed a couple buttons to lower the windows all the way and that button was depressed for too long after the window was down, it will trigger the protection... I havent played with it to know for sure how long it takes to reset or if a key-cycle is required on the civic...
-Christopher

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! That seems to be exactly what it was. My 6-year-old daughter was sitting in the back seat, and you probably know how 6 year olds can be... :) She had kept the window button pressed down the whole time (a couple of minutes).

I tried the same thing again in my driveway after your post, and it happened again. And the Civic does require a key cycle to reset it.

Mystery solved. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts