9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a really hard time getting the windshield whipper arm off my car. I have removed the bolt holding the whipper arm on. If anyone could help me out it would me much appreciated.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
the arm??? Why are you trying to remove the arm? if you are just replacing the wiper, you don't need to remove the arm.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
If you have the bolt out you should just have to wiggle it around a little bit to get it off.

sent from my mobile communications device

·
I Need A Vacation
13,623 Posts
the arm??? Why are you trying to remove the arm? if you are just replacing the wiper, you don't need to remove the arm.
Maybe OP is trying to install the FKX tower brace:biglaugh:. I'm thinking of getting that, hopefully I don't have any problems removing the wiper arms lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hate to dig up an old thread, but i cant figure out how to remove the wiper arm. took the bolt off and i cant seem to remove the arm. Im trying to install the tower brace...

·
Registered
734 Posts
I hate to dig up an old thread, but i cant figure out how to remove the wiper arm. took the bolt off and i cant seem to remove the arm. Im trying to install the tower brace...
Once you have the bolt off, either push on the joint of the arm or pull the arm up and wiggle the joint to loosen the entire arm.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Once you have the bolt off, either push on the joint of the arm or pull the arm up and wiggle the joint to loosen the entire arm.
This is right on. After trying to pull the arm off and failing, I found that I had to PUSH firmly on the area of the arm right by the bolt. Totally counterintuitive, but I felt something give and the arm came right off.

Make sure to put some pieces of tape on your windshield where the blades sit right now so you can put them back at the same angle they were before you removed them!

·
I Need A Vacation
13,623 Posts
Thanks for the tip I'll be installing mine soon. :thumb:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya we had a real hard time taking my wipers off to install the Megan tower brace. Luckily my windshield was dirty so that we could see where to line up the wipers when reinstalling!

·
I Need A Vacation
13,623 Posts
Ya we had a real hard time taking my wipers off to install the Megan tower brace. Luckily my windshield was dirty so that we could see where to line up the wipers when reinstalling!
Thanks for the tip I will mark off the wiper location with tape before I remove the wipers to install the strut tower bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts