9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Hybrid in White Orchid Pearl
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might be able to see in my profile picture, the headlights in my Civic are not stock. They are Spec D projector beam, with LED low and high beams. These have worked great for the past 15 months or so, but have a bit of an issue. When I bought them, I was told not to run dust covers because there are none available that fit. I only recently found out that there are. Unfortunately, in that time, the lights have become quite dirty and possibly corroded on the inside. I can't find any "baking" information for them, and they may not even be worth opening, so I'm in the market for some new ones. The Spec Ds are out of stock everywhere I've looked, so I have my eye set on these Winjets:

Has anyone here put these on their Civic? If so, do you have any pictures?

I also have conflicting information as to whether they are LED-compatible or not. CarID offers an LED conversion kit to go with them, but they say that such a modification is "under review" by the DOT (even though the lights themselves are DOT-compliant). What does that mean?

Thanks in advance- let me know if anything needs clarification.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, I bought the version for my 2012 LX sedan and had them installed though they’re out right now. I had 50w morimoto HIDs in low and high beams. Pretty sure they came with the dust caps you see in the pic. Gorgeous looking headlamps and on high beam its like daylight in front the car. But I was quite disappointed that the lowbeam light pattern was somewhat distorted, especially on the driver side. I assume this is just an indication of poor design. These had independent up/down and side/side aiming screws so I know it wasn’t an aiming issue. Note from pics the design of the led turn signals; theyre not that effective from the side just the front. I wouldn’t recommend these headlamps for ur car. Strangely, the model I ordered was the part# in the pic but without the “01” added on at the end, could this mean I got a factory-reject headlamps set? I’m having trouble locating my pics of these installed and their beam pattern but will find and upload them when I do.
I just posted yesterday asking for suggestions on what projector headlamp brand to get which does put out high-quality light pattern w/a decent cutoff line. I’m really needing to put the best lighting into my car as I do heavy-duty night driving for rideshare/food delivery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts