9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Just bought a 13 civic Si HFP and not sure what winter tire size to go with. HFP comes with 18inch wheels with lowered suspension so would I have a problem throwing on 205/55/r16?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Use the stock Si rims that you SHOULD have gotten with your hfp for your winter tires and leave the super sports on your 18" hfp rims for summer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you serious? Dealer did not give me stock si rims

·
Registered
273 Posts
100% serious, when you get the hfp model the dealer is supposed to supply you with the original 17" si rims and tires, si suspension, si floormats, and the mud guards. I had a feeling you would respond this way but yeah when you buy an hfp, it ships as a stock si, then the dealer swaps all the applicable parts to hfp parts. when I got my hfp, they put the si floormats in the trunk and that piqued my curiosity so I did a bit of research, called a few different dealers in alberta to confirm, them hit my dealer up with the facts and told them id be picking them up at the end of the week. They obliged but im sure if I hadn't have made the call they would have hung on to the parts to score an extra buck or two. When you buy the hfp, you are essentially paying for the stock si PLUS the hfp goodies, therefore you are entitled to the original equipment that came with the car. Hope this helps man.... and Welcome to 9th Gen Civic!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn alright gotta give them a call tomorrow. Thanks bro.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
100% serious, when you get the hfp model the dealer is supposed to supply you with the original 17" si rims and tires, si suspension, si floormats, and the mud guards. I had a feeling you would respond this way but yeah when you buy an hfp, it ships as a stock si, then the dealer swaps all the applicable parts to hfp parts. when I got my hfp, they put the si floormats in the trunk and that piqued my curiosity so I did a bit of research, called a few different dealers in alberta to confirm, them hit my dealer up with the facts and told them id be picking them up at the end of the week. They obliged but im sure if I hadn't have made the call they would have hung on to the parts to score an extra buck or two. When you buy the hfp, you are essentially paying for the stock si PLUS the hfp goodies, therefore you are entitled to the original equipment that came with the car. Hope this helps man.... and Welcome to 9th Gen Civic!!
It makes sense but this is the first time I heard of that I will have to ask around and see what answers I get although I have a feeling already cause they don't call them stealerships for nothing.

OP unless you get the stock Si rims from your dealer which is unlikely after you leave the lot sorry to say you will need to buy an extra set of rims to mount snows. I would probably go 16 or 17 inch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ye dealer does give the stock si rims if you buy the car new. I bought the car used and the previous owner sold them. :(

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
ye dealer does give the stock si rims if you buy the car new. I bought the car used and the previous owner sold them. :(
Bummer. Well, what are your thoughts now? Do you want to swap rubber on the wheels or get a second set of wheels for it? From what I've read a higher profile, narrower tire is ideal for winter. So, if you can get yourself a set of 16" wheels to go with those 205/55 r16 tires, you have it in the bag. Leave those HFP wheels wrapped in the sticky Michelin rubber.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Dude your in alberta too? I bought my hfp and all I got was my SI floor mats

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a '13 Si and 18" HFP wheels for summer, stock 17s in storage and my old '08 EXL 205 55 16 Winterforce winter rubber on Cdn tire Steelies fit perfectly. With the added profile height and rims size is almost exact to stock height and speedo settings.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bummer. Well, what are your thoughts now? Do you want to swap rubber on the wheels or get a second set of wheels for it? From what I've read a higher profile, narrower tire is ideal for winter. So, if you can get yourself a set of 16" wheels to go with those 205/55 r16 tires, you have it in the bag. Leave those HFP wheels wrapped in the sticky Michelin rubber.

Ye, I have 17 inch MSR rims from my older car. I was thinking about slapping winters on those but most people are saying 16s would be the best way to go. However, my concern is would
16s be to low? I dont want to end up shoveling snow with my lip.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,835 Posts
The Honda dealer near my house was selling a set of new 13 stock Si rims they pulled off a Si Coupe that they converted to HFP so obviously whoever bought the car never got the stocks rims lol. Hence the term stealerships.:mad:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,571 Posts
This is a hugely valuable piece of information, even if only for a few people. Thanks for posting it.

And welcome to 9th gen, shajive, and jgeckohfp.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That's a bummer man, odds are the previous owner didn't end up getting the original equipment either. FooBird has a great setup listed in the quote below. I opted to sell my Si rims as ill be getting some enkei's in 2014 to put the summer shoes on and ill use my hfp rims for the winter shoes. On that note, anyone know if a 45mm sidewall will clear or am I bound to get some rubbing. Was hoping to go with a slightly higher sidewall when I do swap.

You hit the nail on the head Foo. I see a lot of civics and Si's rolling on this setup during the winter months.

Dude your in alberta too? I bought my hfp and all I got was my SI floor mats

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sorry to hear that KaJeR. The dealership in Sherwood park pulled the same thing on me. Once I read about it here I called 3 Honda dealers, 2 in Edmonton and 1 in Calgary and they all told me that all original equipment comes with the car. Fortunately I discovered the info soon enough that they still had all my stuff.

This is a hugely valuable piece of information, even if only for a few people. Thanks for posting it.

And welcome to 9th gen, shajive, and jgeckohfp.
Thanks for the welcome and your welcome... definitely valuable info. Always glad to help out.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,571 Posts
Fortunately I discovered the info soon enough that they still had all my stuff.
Even if they didn't have your stuff, wouldn't they be obligated to give you a set of 'stuff,' regardless?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Even if they didn't have your stuff, wouldn't they be obligated to give you a set of 'stuff,' regardless?
I would like to think so however the dealerships only interest is in our hard earned cash and if they had to order all of that stuff in and come out of pocket then they would probably find anyway they could to avoid it, just like if they can hang on to it without the customer knowing and then turn the original equipment around and sell it to make a buck. This is what I make of it, don't know if it makes any sense. All I know is that the dealerships intent is to line their pockets by all means possible.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,571 Posts
I know I'd be making a hell of a stink there if that happened to me, with the fuller the showroom with people, the better. If If I didn't get satisfaction pretty quickly, I'd be using words like 'steal,' 'cheat,' 'dishonest,' and 'corporate' pretty loudly and liberally.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts