9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to replace the stock wipers with rain-x latitudes, but I can't find any information on sizing -- anyone know what size blades the 2012 EX takes?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'd like to replace the stock wipers with rain-x latitudes, but I can't find any information on sizing -- anyone know what size blades the 2012 EX takes?
I believe they are 22 and 26. If you have some tape measure just measure them. That should confirm the sizes.
I'd do it, but my wife has the car right now.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
You could look on the parts catalog or owners manual too... Should be listed. IMO I'm going to keep he Honda blades... Other brands are better but the replacement cost it so much higher. I'm using a rain-x coating on the glass and will save money on the cheap inserts. Also in winter it sucks if ice ruins a 15-20 dollar wiper blade instead of just an insert... But thats just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stock windshield wipers didn't do it for me

I work at a parts store so i took the time to measure up and bosch icon 26a and 22a(or 24a if you want) fit perfect. was $35 for both but i've had a set on my GF's car for around 2 years and they're still great. no streaking like the stock ones, they don't look the same but they let you see the road.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
yea...thats usually one of the first things i replaced but for some reason i havent done it yet... i luv the bosch icons...thats what i always use too

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I want to upgrade mine as well, how do those, that you bought, compare to the Rain-X blades available?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
ive had the rain x blades before too... i thought they were on par with the icons

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
There's these new Rain X blades I've seen on a commercial. You put the blades on, then you have to put a substance they provide on the windshield, and then turn on the wipers and leave them on for 2 minutes. They say this treats the windshield/makes it repel water better/etc. It looks cool, I want to give it a try. lol

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
There's these new Rain X blades I've seen on a commercial. You put the blades on, then you have to put a substance they provide on the windshield, and then turn on the wipers and leave them on for 2 minutes. They say this treats the windshield/makes it repel water better/etc. It looks cool, I want to give it a try. lol
havent seen that commercial..interesting though...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had the rain-x repel blades, in my opinion they were terrible. always streaking/jumping around. This was on my old civic. i just went to the dealer for my wipers streaking, i got new inserts for $15, if they don't work i get my money back so i went for it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
what sizes would be ideal/best for our car?

·
Registered
407 Posts
When my car came off the lot it had so much rail dust and water spots on the windshield it was terrible. I cleaned it with vinegar and 0000 steel wool. Now it is smooth and glass (of course) and it was raining a bit today so I got to use the wipers and they worked absolutely great. I'd highly recommend cleaning your glass with steel wool before condemning the wipers.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
When my car came off the lot it had so much rail dust and water spots on the windshield it was terrible. I cleaned it with vinegar and 0000 steel wool. Now it is smooth and glass (of course) and it was raining a bit today so I got to use the wipers and they worked absolutely great. I'd highly recommend cleaning your glass with steel wool before condemning the wipers.
Your better off to use a dish soap solution with the steel wool as vinegar doesn't provide the lubrication needed and there is a possibility you can haze the glass.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just buy Honda wiper insert. Like 5 bucks and they last a year and They are easy to change.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the stock sizes were like a 26 and a 23 i went with a 26" and a 22" since i don't need that much of the passenger side and the 22" is a little cheaper. the ICON's i put on my car are the same thing i put on my GF's car over 2 years ago, and her's still work as well as the day i bought them. bosch uses a lot less natural rubber's so it takes forever for a pair to dry rot. personally I don't like any of the products Rain-X has in the wiper department.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure about Canada, but in the US we have a 1/12k adjustment period where wiper inserts can be covered.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts