9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey crew,

After pulling my center console to check my shifter bushings and linkage (which includes another post Here ) I noticed the previous owner has tapped into the USB wiring for what Im assuming WAS power to something else, but thats where the problem lies... for what? Pics Included below.

Additionally, anyone ever heard of a relay clicking on/off while compressing/depressing the clutch pedal?

As always, Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
As to the clutch pedal, there are 2 things that receive input from depressing the clutch pedal. 1. Allows the starter to engage, 2. Disengages the cruise control. Personally, I've never heard any clicking when depressing the clutch pedal, but maybe I'm turning the key at the same time, so don't hear anything other than the engine cranking. As to the tap on the USB, my guess would be an aftermarket amp turn on connection.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Depressed the clutch several times in my Si with ignition on, but engine not running. I hear no clicks. You might have a wire harness rubbing on the clutch mechanism or return spring - just my guess.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you might be right. When I turn cruise control off ands hit the set speed button my tach goes nuts

Depressed the clutch several times in my Si with ignition on, but engine not running. I hear no clicks. You might have a wire harness rubbing on the clutch mechanism or return spring - just my guess.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I think you might be right. When I turn cruise control off ands hit the set speed button my tach goes nuts
Thats Hondata, if you hit the speed set and don't have cruise on, it shows air fuel ratio IIRC. Kinda freaked me out first time I seen it.

Reactions: dpetro1

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey crew,

After pulling my center console to check my shifter bushings and linkage (which includes another post Here ) I noticed the previous owner has tapped into the USB wiring for what Im assuming WAS power to something else, but thats where the problem lies... for what? Pics Included below.

Additionally, anyone ever heard of a relay clicking on/off while compressing/depressing the clutch pedal?

As always, Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 492055
Are you sure that's the USB plug? I could be wrong, but it looks like the back of the cigarette lighter/power-point plug, to me. I know in my car (2015 LX Coupe), the USB plug is in the storage compartment in the back of the center console, but I think that some versions of the 9th gen Civic do have a USB plug in the area in front of the shifter. But still, that doesn't look like USB wiring. And if it is the power-point plug, then its 12-volt wire that is switched with the key could very well have been used as a turn-on lead for an aftermarket amplifier, or any number of other accessories, such as a radar detector or GPS. But the amplifier turn-on is a good bet, especially if the aftermarket wire is going to the back of the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Positive my man. Next to that is the HDMI

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats Hondata, if you hit the speed set and don't have cruise on, it shows air fuel ratio IIRC. Kinda freaked me out first time I seen it.
Weirdly enough the cruise control stopped working when my car starting throwing a million codes. follow my other thread here where I talk about that issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
As to the clutch pedal, there are 2 things that receive input from depressing the clutch pedal. 1. Allows the starter to engage, 2. Disengages the cruise control. Personally, I've never heard any clicking when depressing the clutch pedal, but maybe I'm turning the key at the same time, so don't hear anything other than the engine cranking. As to the tap on the USB, my guess would be an aftermarket amp turn on connection.
I'm guessing the previous owner of my car had done something with the clutch pedal as well then... It never disenngages my cruise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts