9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the other thread on here related to this i just have a specific question. This is my first wiring endeavor so bare with me :icon_scratch:. I have everything connected except the headunit to the rca inputs on the amplifier. I got a lineout converter although now i don't think i even need it so i might return it.

here is the wiring schematic in the instruction manual
2011-12-24 17.28.08.jpg

so from what this is saying i can just find the +/- rear speaker wires and splice them and connect them to the rca wires. which leads to another question where is the factory harness, is it the load of wires plugged into the radio controls?

Also bought this and don't know where to hook the wires up to. i separated the wires the bottom is the left channel wires and the top is right.

2011-12-24 17.28.47.jpg
Sorry if these are obvious questions, i'm being stubborn and won't take it to get installed because i feel like i should be able to do it myself :laugh: any and all help appreciated

·
Registered
717 Posts
Just a standard sub install. Yellow is power black ground. Blue remote. White and white with black stripe is one speaker. The gray is the other speaker. I believe it is to be installed onto the wiring in the trunk on the wiring to the rear deck speaker.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh okay that makes a lot more sense. it didn't come with any instructions for which wires which. thanks a lot. If i wire it to the rear deck speakers where am i going to wire the blue,black and yellow wires. Also is it supposed to be understood that striped wire is (-) and solid is (+). i just ask because that what the other wiring says in the amp instructions

·
Registered
717 Posts
You can run power (yellow) to any constant power source. Black to ground. Blue you can use the remote turn on from what ever location you are using for the amp. Any 12 volt switched source. Wire to speakers I would follow the amp instructions.

·
Registered
717 Posts
In the past I used everything for the amp for the line out converter. Hope this helps. I'm not a pro but I have installed a few of my own systems.

·
Registered
717 Posts
No problem. Happy holidays.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Where are you going to place the amp?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the amp and sub are in the same enclosure, it's an mtx. Saves a lot of space haha. Considering i only need it for metal/rock i didn't need something with a ridiculous low end. Just wanted SOME low end presence. it only ran me about $90 for that price you can't really loose.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
no can't lose at all with that price, right now I'm trying to justify some memphis mccs6 in the front, and the 6.5" kicker slim subs in the rear deck and amping the subs and front speakers, but thats very close to $1000, and I don't know where I'd put the amp, because I have to keep it hidden, how big is your sub?

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Nice I had a thunder form in my 1998 dodge Dakota, but it was only a 10 cus that's all that would fit under my back bench seat, so I made my own custom box with a liked and two 12s! My frame flexed way too hard haha

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
It was good enough for me, but the guy buying the truck from me wanted more so I did that for him and made an additional $1k in my truck ^.^

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Most definitely, meant the difference between an LX and an EX ^.^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts