9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install the Directed Electronics 545T Nite-Lite System into my 2012 Civic Sedan LX (since Honda still can't integrate this basic function), and would greatly appreciate any help with the wiring (either a diagram of the headlight system, or specific colors for the corresponding wires if a diagram isn't available, or simply if Honda has stuck with the same colored wires from 2011 to 2012). I can't seem to find any website that has uploaded any wiring diagrams for the new civics. Thanks!

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I'm looking to install the Directed Electronics 545T Nite-Lite System into my 2012 Civic Sedan LX (since Honda still can't integrate this basic function), and would greatly appreciate any help with the wiring (either a diagram of the headlight system, or specific colors for the corresponding wires if a diagram isn't available, or simply if Honda has stuck with the same colored wires from 2011 to 2012). I can't seem to find any website that has uploaded any wiring diagrams for the new civics. Thanks!
What? The new Civic's don't have this? This is not new technology. This should have came standard or atleast have something similar to this.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
according to my manual, the ex has something like that, but I haven't seen them come on automatically before :/

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
yeah but it sure doesn't work haha

·
Registered
201 Posts
My ex-l has an auto setting for lights. It turns them on when dark.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
yeah i dont think the ex has it

·
Registered
565 Posts
My ex-l has an auto setting for lights. It turns them on when dark.
My EX does not have that.

But I do not have fog lights, either. I did order my fog light kit from College Hills Honda and when I opened the package, I see that it includes a new lights and turn signal lever, with fog light options on it. I did not notice if it had the "auto" option. Will verify soon.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I saw that I have the sensor on the dash, but I can't turn it on :/

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I wonder how specific each model is built.
I wonder if its simply the light stalk wiring in combination with a fuse or relay/jumper that was skipped to include the auto on/off an extra option.
Really looking forward to the FSM to surface and all the diagrams will start flowing out and people can see what really is possible.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I wonder how specific each model is built.
I wonder if its simply the light stalk wiring in combination with a fuse or relay/jumper that was skipped to include the auto on/off an extra option.
Really looking forward to the FSM to surface and all the diagrams will start flowing out and people can see what really is possible.
Tweak-a-thon!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I think it might have been skipped because I have the sensor without having the option

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I opened up the steering column today and took a couple of pictures, if anyone can help me figure out which wires are the headlights, and which are the indicators, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is a picture of the wiring harness that connects to the steering column for the indicators and headlights:

As you can see, the color options for the headlights/indicators are Red, Black/Silver, Blue, Brown, Green, Purple, Gray/Silver, Orange, and Pink/Silver. The gray, pink, and black wires appear to be a larger gauge than the rest.

The Nite Lite system also has the option to hook up to the windshield wipers, so here's a picture of that wiring harness.

Any thoughts on which wires control what? Also, has anyone found any sort of wiring diagram for the 2012 Civic Sedan? Will the wires differ much from the 2011 Civic? If not, can someone please post a link to those diagrams? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What? The new Civic's don't have this? This is not new technology. This should have came standard or atleast have something similar to this.
My civic doesn't even have cup holders in the back seat area... Automatic headlights would be asking entirely too much! However, I do have the option to buy some terrible door inserts for $50 that won't hold anything bigger than a Coke can. Thanks, Honda!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I opened up the steering column today and took a couple of pictures, if anyone can help me figure out which wires are the headlights, and which are the indicators, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is a picture of the wiring harness that connects to the steering column for the indicators and headlights:

As you can see, the color options for the headlights/indicators are Red, Black/Silver, Blue, Brown, Green, Purple, Gray/Silver, Orange, and Pink/Silver. The gray, pink, and black wires appear to be a larger gauge than the rest.

The Nite Lite system also has the option to hook up to the windshield wipers, so here's a picture of that wiring harness.

Any thoughts on which wires control what? Also, has anyone found any sort of wiring diagram for the 2012 Civic Sedan? Will the wires differ much from the 2011 Civic? If not, can someone please post a link to those diagrams? Thanks.
Oh yeah, and here is the installation guide for the automatic lights, the first page shows the wires that I need to tap into.

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/254521_545T_OK-7I_to_current_Installation_Guide.pdf

Any idea which of the wires in the above pictures correspond to the 545T Nite Lite system? I've already found the constant 12V and the ignition wires. I really only need to find the low-beam headlights and I think I'm good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
hmm where to install stock parts to go with the partially installed system in my car.....

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
My civic doesn't even have cup holders in the back seat area... Automatic headlights would be asking entirely too much! However, I do have the option to buy some terrible door inserts for $50 that won't hold anything bigger than a Coke can. Thanks, Honda!
But, if you see all the cars that are coming out or the ones that are already currenlty out do have automatic headlights. Honda has to really keep up with technology as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My Si and my fiances EX-L both have auto lights, and they work very well, i leave mine on auto all the time, for lights and fogs, i also like how when i press the unlock button on the remote the headlights and fog lights come on before i even get into the car, and same as when i exit the car and press the lock button, the lights turn off after a few min on their own when i leave on auto, gives it a luxury type feel that the 08 Si i drove before didnt have

1 - 18 of 18 Posts