9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what people use to clean their windows. and esp the inside if their windows are tinted.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I'm sure there is something that's tint safe... But I would contact your installer or tint manufacturer and get their recommendation on cleaner.

Last time I did interior glass I used stoner but that's all gone and haven't done the civic yet. Exterior I use rain-x cleaner, then rain-x repellant.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
896 Posts
Any of the car glass cleaners are fine. Just nothing with ammonia. Thats a big no no. I use basic rain x spray on both the inside and outside of our car. I only use microfiber towels too.
Been using the same stuff for years on previous cars.

Just stick with nothing with ammonia and micro fiber towels.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Any of the car glass cleaners are fine. Just nothing with ammonia. Thats a big no no. I use basic rain x spray on both the inside and outside of our car. I only use microfiber towels too.
Been using the same stuff for years on previous cars.

Just stick with nothing with ammonia and micro fiber towels.
Ammonia! Thats it! There might be something else, i dont know...but i knew there was something in certain cleaners to ruin tint. Most products will say "tint safe" but if String knows what works follow that.
I would agree with microfiber only too!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yea ammonia turns it purple and anything with abrasives with of course scratch it just like the paint. Even the recent tint shop I had the Civic done at said the same thing on the paper hand out they give you. Nothing with ammonia or wipes/towels/cloths with abrasives. Pretty much any glass cleaner in the auto aisle is safe though. Even plain ol baby shampoo and water works...just is more of a pain to wipe off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys haha yeah i ordered some stuff off autogeek. :D Tint Safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts