9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a wood flooring in their trunk? Wanting to do mine but have noticed it isn't as simple as most cara just take the floor liner out and trace it. My trunk mat only covers the center spare tire area but not all the curves on the outside edges of the trunk. Any recommendations on going about getting a template to cut it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
What about big sheet(s) of paper, maybe taped together if you can't find something wide enough. Get it into the trunk, unroll it and push it into the corners, and then mark the entire edges with a marker.
But if you ask me, you'll just be asking for termites!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I remember a member on here (forgot his name) that did wood flooring in his trunk. He needed something to mount his tank for his air suspension.

He just took rough measurements of his trunk and transferred those measurements on to poster board. Kept trimming till it fit and used that as a template. I believe he used hard wood laminate instead of the real stuff to keep cost and weight down.

Edit: http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/suspension-brakes/169794-beecees-air-suspension-build-thread.html

There's the link to his suspension build but pictures don't work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually is laminate I'll be using, not wood my bad. But that is a good idea with big sheets of paper, we have it at work. I have an ilx but it's pretty much the same as the civic. This was my trunk set up before but was rough on the edges because I just free handed the wood but this go around want them to actually fit the curves. Tank is now mounted up top

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts