9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got LED lights in the mail! and HID kits also arrived. Haven't got the chance to install hids cause I need the tool to remove the front bumper :blush:; (besides the screws and pull pins i realized i need another tool to remove the cover at top... :mellow:....) I am thinking about just doing it without removing the front bumper...
Just debating where to install the ballast..
I will get it done tomorrow~

well! Had time to install LED Headlight/Dome light and my license plate light! :D

Once my HIDs are installed tomorrow I will post more pics :wigglesmiley:

IMG_0493.jpg IMG_0495.jpg

Map/dome lights out! :D

IMG_0494.jpg IMG_0507.jpg

Map/Dome lights after!

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

Sorry the pictures are sideways :p Didn't have time to edit them! :D

Loving it so far! :woowoo:

Attachments

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh here is the pic of the License plate lights/view from the back :p..

IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0510.jpg IMG_0511.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
where did you order them? thinking about getting the lic. plate LED for mine.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It looks good bro! I really like the blue, do you see well when they are on? That was my worry when i chose mine out so i went with the white!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also curious were you got the bulb for lic. Plate looks nice!

1993 BMW 325is
2006 Acura RSX-S
2009 Honda Civic LX
2012 Honda Civic LX

-OnyxFB2

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where did you order them? thinking about getting the lic. plate LED for mine
I got it from iJDMTOY.com, got it as a set for blue map lights/dome light and plate light led came with it. Pretty good deal in my opinion and they work well :wigglesmiley:

Looks good! interior really stands out!!
Thank you, I got the 10000k HIDs to match it :p just afriad I am not gnna be able to see well and gnna be a cop magnet.. its bit uptight in this area

It looks good bro! I really like the blue, do you see well when they are on? That was my worry when i chose mine out so i went with the white!
Yea I can see pretty well actually. Its not bad. I was worried about it too in the beginning but turned out pretty nice.

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Disappointed at IJDMTOY

So i had my dorm/map lights swapped and also had license plate bulb that was included installed on my vehicle from IJDMTOY.

I mean, it was CHEAP, so I kinda knew what I was getting myself into... but not even after 2000 miles my license plate bulb started flickering. Lol!

out of the six bulbs, three of them are flickering, assuming they are malfunctioning.

Oh well, just went ahead and ordered TGP T10 white SMD LED license plate bulb. :p hopefully these will last me longer. I guess im back to my stock lights for now :]

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Xenon's nice, just wanted the blue tho :)

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok me likey

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Ive had my bulbs from iJDMToy for over 4 months and no flickering has occured. They reason they start flicking is during the install. If you touched the LED part with your bare hands itll mess up the light completely thus making them flicker and die shortly after.

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had gloves on and only touched the sides to slide the bulb, never touched the leds. I mean im not saying all ijdmtpy bulbs r messed up. My map nd dorm light work fine. I just think my plate lights may have been defective. If it was due to my error dont matter sticking with better bulbs neway :) ot was good waste of 20 dollars - map/dorm lights. Lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
The rest of the lights in that package y'all are posting are probably fine, but the trunk and license plate lights in that set are not ideal. I bought a variety of LED's for my interior, and that particular type shown in that package for the tag light don't work as well because, when installed in the trunk or tag, all of the LED's face the right side of the car, and none actually point downward where you want the most light. The fact that neither of those locations have any sort of real reflector in the housing doesn't help either.

These are the type of LED's that I found to work best if you can find them:

I won't recommend the seller who I bought a 6 bulb package from because he won't send you the right bulbs for your dome light. I made him aware that he was sending the wrong type of light for that location, but I have a feeling he's probably still sending out the wrong bulb. He was quick to send a new one, but you could save the hassle.

And... dome light, not 'dorm' light. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just ordered and recieved these today, was missing 2 bulbs but I'm hoping they'll send them out soon, of the 3 bulbs I did get they look great and they beat the price of alot of other sellers by alot. I will keep everyone posted on the missing bulbs. The packaging held up to six bulbs so I can only assume they packed it for a diff model car by mistake or something.

EDIT: Just heard back from them and they are fixing the error no questions asked, great customer service.

u folx might wanna try these, many of us here received these with no probs to date

Xenon White Honda Civic Interior LED Package Deal 2012 and Up (5 Pieces) #44 | eBay

1 - 20 of 34 Posts