9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, my daughter bought a 2016 CR-V, and we went to finalize the financing last night. while there, i caught a conversation between a customer and salesperson. salesperson asked: any mods to it? customer: downpipe, cold air intake, aftermarket lip and drop in filter. that caught my attention to listen better. customer tells salesman: "it's been a garage queen for the last 4-5 year, maybe 300 miles a year. it's got 45K total now. i've had my fun, time to grow up a bit i think"

he traded a 2007 Subaru WRX STI. silver with the silver wheels. i told him he's making a mistake. should have held on to it. kept it a garage queen for 10 more years. i see that car having alot of value down the road. btw, he got 21K for the trade. customer told me that and i didn't believe him, but then i asked the finance guy once we were doing our paperwork and he confirmed the 21K trade in.

i ask...if it was yours, free and clear...would you have kept it or traded it?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Any idea what he traded it for?
I'm a big fan of Subarus AWD system. Not a fan of the boxer though. Have a N/A beater Subaru...it gets 28mpg, and about 500 miles per quart. Id take the money.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he traded for a Blue with black racing stripes 2019 Camaro SS

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i walked up....teased him about it being more family friendly (cause that's what he said earlier when we first started talking)....he responded, i meant age appropriate. i told him...i would have kept the subie.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Held onto it for sure, people are paying crazy money for clean/low mileage subies.

On the flip side, based on what you overheard Ill bet he was just bored with it and/or disliked the "vape bro" community around them. Also, I can understand not wanting something you're not using taking up garage space. Having been in a similar position when I sold my Miata, I say good for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts