1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Reactions: UrbodyTipsy2691

·
Photoshop Masta
2,830 Posts
Has anyone done this? Is it even possible?
Yes, it's possible..but pointless IMO Since HID bulbs take about 10 seconds or so to warmup, you'll be losing your high beams. I'd go with yellow Nokya bulbs as mentioned, I have them too and I love em'

·
Registered
375 Posts
nokyas are perfect for high beam, good and not that expensive. for my fog lights i use piaas, they are really good imo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it's possible..but pointless IMO Since HID bulbs take about 10 seconds or so to warmup, you'll be losing your high beams. I'd go with yellow Nokya bulbs as mentioned, I have them too and I love em'
I have the Nokyas but i want them brighter. I was thinking the HID would be but i read that you shouldn't use HIDs with low voltage. I am assuming that the DRL are low voltage due to their low brightness?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those Nokyas look great for the DRL/Hi Beams - great look + good value - Ordering mine tomorrow, in fact!

·
Registered
8 Posts
IMG_3492.jpeg
Just put hid drl on using a capacitor. They flicker until the capacitor charges. To get rid of this I just hold the high beams on for a few seconds and they are good. They work as high beams with no problem because it is sending a lot more power to them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts