9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Would you purchase a Front Mounted Strut Bar from YoSpeed

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If YoSpeed was to product front mounting strut bars for 9thgen civics, would you consider a purchase?

Keep in mind for them to make them we'd need a considerable amount of interest.

PLEASE ANSWER TRUTHFULLY!

JUST WANT TO SEE IF THERE IS ENOUGH MARKET FOR THIS :)

For those of you unsure what it is i am talking about, this is what a strut bar is :)

Like anything else YoSpeed makes, it will be in a variety of colors and engravings if you so choose!

Thanks for your input in advance! :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More functional, but an Aesthetic work can be put into it if the demand rises.

I personally wanted it because its a cheap accent that really adds to the look of the car... at least i find it does...

EDIT: If you just want a decorative one, you can buy an adjustable strut bar that will fit a bunch of different vehicles.. but they simply are not strong enough to offer any additional structural rigidity :pout:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would be interested if they can make them at a decent price. Have you checked with yospeed yet?

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be interested if they can make them at a decent price. Have you checked with yospeed yet?
Yep emailed him direct :)

He needs to see how much demand there is. But he will need a welder locally that he can trust.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
I'd be interested but where would they or it go? The struts are under the plastic cowl at the base of the windshield.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be interested but where would they or it go? The struts are under the plastic cowl at the base of the windshield.
yeah, woulnd't be as open as the sample pic.. but still :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Explain how these would go on, as our strut towers are covered

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Explain how these would go on, as our strut towers are covered
Good question! I took a pic for you :)

The plastic below the windsheild needs to come off :p

Right side

Left

And this is where it would go approximately...

like i said it would involve removing that plastic.. i didn't take it off for picture sake, but i will in the future to test fit/measure

Reactions: jq2000x22

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not feeling it?! Thought people may be excited about it... truth is, with what i can see from my stance, we're looking certainly in the $100+ RANGE MAYBE $150~ Keep in mind it'll be top notch quality!

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
They have some for the 8th gen on eBay from what I can see. You can see the bar with the plastic off.

Sway bars first.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They have some for the 8th gen on eBay from what I can see. You can see the bar with the plastic off.

Sway bars first.
fair enough, work from the rear up makes sense, you'd see more performance doing the rear anyways :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If it was around 100 ish I may buy for engine dress up. Otherwise I feel the front is already rather stiff. I put a big neuspeed bar on my 03 and didn't feel a difference. It looked good and added about 15-20lbs.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it was around 100 ish I may buy for engine dress up. Otherwise I feel the front is already rather stiff. I put a big neuspeed bar on my 03 and didn't feel a difference. It looked good and added about 15-20lbs.
Thats fair to say... you'd prefer more performance :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Yea, plus i really dont wanna remove plastic pieces for a part that does nothinf but look cool

Sent from my SGH-I727R using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, plus i really dont wanna remove plastic pieces for a part that does nothinf but look cool
Ok, those are all valid point :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if he made a skid plate tho, i would buy in a heartbeat
a billeted aluminum skidplate!?

You know that could be pricey tho eh.. like maybe over $200 :(

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)