9th Gen Civic Forum banner

241 - 260 of 2654 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
over 500km's per tank in the city, haven't done a highway tank, but I anticipate 550-600.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
so i just ran a full tank - full to zero bars.... 80/20 hwy/city.

I hit 574kms with 7 litres or roughly 15% left in the tank!! this was with some spirited driving too... Could've hit 615km no problem. My k20z3 only hit 545km once and that was with 2 or 3L's left.

I'm happy considering we just got hit with a new gas tax and I'm paying around $1.45 per litre for 91/92 lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have put 3900 miles on the car. When I'm getting on it I've had the light come on around 260mi. When driving better I've been over 300 several times with ease. Normally 100mi highway, the rest in town

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha, if I kept mine in the "coaching bars green" all the time, I'd be in the hospital. People would literally run me down. Especially going uphill. I am averaging 32-34mpg in town and have gotten as high as 44mpg on the road. Econ mode seems to help a little, but mostly just by reducing the output of the A/C and remapping the shift points/retarding the throttle response. It seems like Econ was much more heavy-handed at first than it is now. Maybe it's adjusted to my driving style now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ECON seems basically like a glorified overdrive... I still use it for the most part. I drive the same 60 miles to work and back every day, 50/50 highway and city. ~38mpg per tank w/o ECON and ~41 with it on. To each his own.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congrats! I'm jealous! I miss good fuel economy like that.. Too bad the power in my Si makes me smile even more now lol

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I was able to get 42.3 mpg on my Si from letting it cruze going down hill. Forgot to take a pix of it though...But the Moment I got on the gas pedal it jumped to 34.6 mpg.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm a little skeptical. 51.9 MPG would give over 650 miles per tank with a 13 gallon tank. Your odometer is on "B: 14.5 miles" with 388 miles left in your range. IMVeryHU the stats do not add up. lol

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm a little skeptical. 51.9 MPG would give over 650 miles per tank with a 13 gallon tank. Your odometer is on "B: 14.5 miles" with 388 miles left in your range. IMVeryHU the stats do not add up. lol
Thats what I said when I saw it too. lol
I know its possible to have the i-mid show high mpg numbers especially after a fill up, but the actual mpg's at the end or after many miles of driving are typically much different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's possible he reset the trip meter 14 miles ago and took it really easy for those 14 miles on the hiway. A full size passat can get 54 mpg on the hiway, albeit TDI so a civic should too if you go 55mph and take it easy on the gas pedal.

·
Registered
140 Posts
exactly....it might have been a lot of downhill driving. in my hybrid, over the course of 25 miles going down a mountain pass, I was able to get my imid to max out at reading "199.9 mpg" I still took a picture of it. Now on the other hand, the best FULL tank I have had ended up averaging 50.5 mpg at the end, but that was with a lot of desert driving and no traffic to be seen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I have driven my car for about 300miles and the reading on the I-mid says that my ave mpg is 28. I don't drive hard but I'm expecting it to be above 30 mpg at least. Is something wrong here or I pretty much have a heavy foot?

·
Registered
39 Posts
mine is 22 but that is around 90% city driving lol i could probably get around 25-28mpg if i tried but the people behind me would go crazy and start cutting me off in nyc.

·
Registered
512 Posts
So I have driven my car for about 300miles and the reading on the I-mid says that my ave mpg is 28. I don't drive hard but I'm expecting it to be above 30 mpg at least. Is something wrong here or I pretty much have a heavy foot?
420 miles on the odometer, i'm averaging almost 27mpg-in an si...
it takes a bit for the fuel mileage to go up, it will get better.

241 - 260 of 2654 Posts