9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2656 Posts

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,195 Posts
I was showing 31.8 during my commute this morning. Considering that my '12 AT never did better than about 25 with my daily commute, I am pleased.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I am getting around 38-42 mpg so far this spring. My mpg dropped a little due to bad traffic with A/C and late night driving with lights on. Still 50/50 and one night I was in bumper to bumper all the way home and took me 2 hours and still only lost 2 mpg. 11 hours engine on and still had 1/3 of a tank. Econ off and traction control off. Have not checked the air pressures or waxed the car yet this year. Traffic patterns are different from years past. Yesterday very bad delays and today no traffic at the same time.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,195 Posts
Yeah, there are sections of my commute that a year ago were smooth sailing, and now are parking lots.

You know what the worst part of my job is? The commute (I like my job - it's the going to and from that sucks).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Computer in the car is showing about 28.8. Actual mpg according to the fuel log app is about 27.1. Mostly commuting, some moderate to heavy traffic, and a few WOT pulls here and there.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
5% city 95% hwy with my average speed 70-75 and high winds and I'm averaging between 34-37 MPG's. Not too bad if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Been disappointed with the City MPG on my Si from day one I got the car. Direct Injection turbo motors have really good City MPG.
is that a hint that you are leaning towards a 10th gen Si?

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Negative. I like the features but not a huge performance upgrade over the 9thgen Si plus my little one isn't that little anymore and my oldest is going into high school so money needs to go elsewhere not towards a new car. Besides I still enjoy driving my Si it suits my needs at this time.

is that a hint that you are leaning towards a 10th gen Si?

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
38.4 mpg from home to Minnesota and back. It was a 2200 total mile trip. It would have gotten much better mpg but short trips in single digit temps. hurt the numbers. I can't understand why people live there voluntarily. Seems like banishment to Siberia..... The car was also carrying the most weight in "stuff" going and coming. It saw 100 mph several times just to get totally away from the worst of the worst idiots. Normal idiots are everywhere on the roads now. All they have is a driver's license, not brains. Not bad mileage considering especially the amount of weight it had in it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
MPG on my civic has dropped quite a bit now...down to 31.7 MPG. Although I chalk it up to the fact that I've been traveling quite a bit recently so the car sits for days, sometimes weeks, at a time and when I am home and drive it, its short trips (less than 10 miles) on surface streets and stop and go traffic, that and its been much colder around here the past couple months. Last night was the first time in a while where I had to take it out on the freeway to drive out to the valley. Coming home at night, freeway was wide open and actually saw my MPG rise a little bit.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Best ever on a 70-mile trip. 57.1 MPG (11/18/18)
Best ever on the same 70-mile trip but opposite direction is ~ 46+ MPG.

2012 FB6 (Si Sedan)
53,xxx miles

Si_57_1_MPG_70_miles_.jpg

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Best ever on a 70-mile trip. 57.1 MPG (11/18/18)
Best ever on the same 70-mile trip but opposite direction is ~ 46+ MPG.

2012 FB6 (Si Sedan)
53,xxx miles

View attachment 475927
How on earth did you manage that? My si sits around 26.1 mpg.

2601 - 2620 of 2656 Posts