9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2661 - 2671 of 2671 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not sure if I updated, but I'm getting rougly 16mpg on average (20mpg highway) since I switched to ethanol.

·
Registered
2014 civic si coupe
27 Posts
That is from a 2014 Si what year and model is your Civic make sure we're talking about the same car here.
My '14 SI doesnt have that screen but my '18 SI did. I guess its because I am in the USA..

But my SI is only seeing 24mpg with the majority of my driving cruising on the highway. Im really disappointed but I also should have expected it with the 2.4L motor. My '18 SI would get 38mpg with the same route and driving style.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,627 Posts
But my SI is only seeing 24mpg with the majority of my driving cruising on the highway. Im really disappointed but I also should have expected it with the 2.4L motor. My '18 SI would get 38mpg with the same route and driving style.
How fast are you driving there is a sweet spot for MPG on the 2.4L if your speeds are outside of the sweet spot MPG suffers.

18 Si is only 1.5L compared to 2.4L so smaller displacement along with Direct Injection versus port injection so MPG is going to be much better especially when cruising.

·
Registered
2014 civic si coupe
27 Posts
How fast are you driving there is a sweet spot for MPG on the 2.4L if your speeds are outside of the sweet spot MPG suffers.

18 Si is only 1.5L compared to 2.4L so smaller displacement along with Direct Injection versus port injection so MPG is going to be much better especially when cruising.
I did find that MPG screen on my '14 Si. I had no idea it was there.

On the highway usually 75ish mph. Yeah it was easy to keep the 1.5L turbo out of boost on the highway which helped immensely. My '19 GTi had slightly worse gas mileage but it was still really really good on road trips. I dont miss the VW though; I do miss my newer Si.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,627 Posts
On the highway usually 75ish mph. Yeah it was easy to keep the 1.5L turbo out of boost on the highway which helped immensely.
Cruising at 75mph won't get you the best mpg it you want best mpg than probably 60-65mph is ideal.

·
Registered
2014 civic si coupe
27 Posts
What are the posted speed limits on the highway where you live.
65 or 70. I've dropped down to 70-72 or 76 and have noticed a slight increase of MPG on the infotainment screen. I'm usually passing people and also being passed. I dont like being the fastest on the highway, its a great way to get pulled over.

(I seriously had no idea we had this screen, lol, I used to keep it on there when I had my '18 SI). But when I calculate my MPG at the pump its always lower by 3 or 4 mpg.

2661 - 2671 of 2671 Posts