9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2647 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
that's pretty good, I think I just drive too aggressively to get much better gas mileage

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
This is very promising! I am hoping to close on a sale tonight for an EX sedan and would love to be getting this mileage by the weekend!

·
Registered
565 Posts
At about 1750 total miles, my car average is 33mpg since purchase.

I drive with AC and ECON on mostly and I have a pretty well mixed city/hwy experience.

I drive 30 miles to work each day on the interstate, and I'm capable of getting 41mpg if I drive smartly with ECON off and AC on, even in cogested traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Most Honda's have the D3 shift lock, and a D1 and D2 position on the shifter. Then you have the Fit, Insight, and CR-Z with Paddle shifters.
still can't control it very well, shifting is a completely different experience with a clutch

·
Registered
45 Posts
Post Your Trip Computer

I know there is another mpg thread out there but I'd like to start one that includes the images from the trip computer as well. I have my trip A odometer reset to 0 on every fill up and here is the data for the last 3 mpg averages. I drive in southern california Orange/LA Counties.

Post your own!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I don't think you can look at history w/o Nav

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nav would be so cool, but it would be useless over here because there's no XM radio here in the aloha state. -_-

·
Registered
45 Posts
why is your average fuel decreasing? heavy foot? :)
actually it's increasing as I learn to drive better! at the bottom of the list is the oldest fill up. I got only 28.2 mpg and a lot of it had to do with the a fatality accident on the 57 fwy north (motorcycle vs cars) a few weeks ago, it was a 2 hr parking lot.

I can't seem to average much better than ~30.5 mpg with mixed city/fwy driving. I do get 37-38 when I stay mainly on the fwy, provided there is no traffic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a collection to do from the dealership and just after leaving I resent the trip meter - by the time I hit traffic about 10 minutes later during which I had been up to 90kph (55mph) it was showing a scarcely believable 3.3 ltrs per 100kms - about 71mpg. more down than up hill sure helps too. But this car has staggering fuel mileage potential. Then I hit traffic and it went up to 9 ltrs per 100 kms :-(. On a similar run I know one of our guys who has his own HCH got it as good as 2.6.

·
Registered
896 Posts
dm are you able to keep it at that range? I know when we fill up it is at 48, but drops to around 39 by the time I drive home with hardly any traffic and the system calibrates.
Been holding 36-37 combined though which I think is pretty good for city and hwy around here.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's good but...

A couple of years ago we took my 08 Si 4-dr on a trip from AR to northern MI back thru WI and back. With no a/c on or needed I got 41.5 mpg from Macnaw bridge around the lake and down to Oshkosh, WI. This was driving 55-60mph. After I got Cont DWS tires last year, my mileage went up another 1 - 1 1/2 mpg. Also going to 0-30 Amsoil or Mobil 1 vs the 5-30 seemed to help slightly (no logical reason for any significant help with this change). Likely, your mileage will improve even more as the car gets a few miles on it, possibly getting lower rolling resistant tires(search tirerack.com) , maybe running 1-3 psi higher that recommended.
I hope that in the future you'll look back at this post and see significant improvement since. I'd be interested to see steady state mpg at 55 and 60 and 70. You have a great car.

61 - 80 of 2647 Posts