9th Gen Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 2658 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
yo bro how much was the price out the door for ur civic?
There's a thread with what deals people got check it out

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
43 Posts
I drove for 23 more miles after I took this picture and the end mpg was 47.3-I drove 50 mph the entire trip. Today I took a 50 mile highway round trip with the cruise on 55 mph and the tank average dropped to 42.6-with the a/c on. Still very impressed with this car and it only has 4,500 miles on it!

My car was just over $19k out the door. No dealer installed crap or aftermarket accessories.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got 46.2mpg on a 55-mile interstate trip, 65mph A/C on, the day after I bought mine. Since then I've been getting around 41 on the highway with econ on and 30-32 in town with econ off, about 35-37 overall. Coming from a smaller car with a smaller engine that got 29-30 all the time, I'm pretty darn happy!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Look at his range.... He barely moved. I want to see MPG when your range hits 20. Best I got was 34 and that was a boring week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I usually drive 75% highway and 25% city, though the highway driving is in heavy traffic and isn't always smooth sailing all the way.

I did my first fill-up with 90 miles of range left and averaged 39.2 on that tank.

However, I drive with Eco on and am pretty diligent about staying in the green zone, and usually don't drive faster than 68mph. I never use anything except regular unleaded fuel for any of my vehicles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I drove to San Antonio last weekend (about 220 miles away from me). I was able to get there and back on one tank of gas and averaged 40.2 mpg in my EX coupe (going 70 MPH, A/C blasting, and ECON off). The gas mileage on this thing is ridiculous. I've never seen a car that gets better gas mileage than what it's rated at.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm in a ex and it works for me. Don't need navi for it. My trip A now resets each time the tank is opened :)
I need to figure out how this works with the navi - given the trip history, because I do record down mileage each time I fill up. I'd like to be able to have it auto-reset and tell me the previous 2-3 trips so I don't have to worry about it as much getting it down right there and then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
True, I took that pic only a few miles into the second tank but on my running second trip meter (Trip "B") with over 400 miles I still have over 39mpg.

It must come down to driving habits - maybe a lot of you people are more pedal-to-the-metal, blast-the-A/C types than I am. My previous vehicle was rated only 25mpg highway but I usually got 27-28 with it. But again, I accelerate slowly, barely ever go over 70 and keep the A/C on the first fan notch, all with ECO activated.

One thing I don't like is that when you reset a trip meter, the computer resets fuel efficiency for the overall odometer meter. Now I am using "Trip B" to track efficiency overall, but maybe I'm doing the reset wrong. Also, after my first fill-up, the computer had 38.8 mpg but my calculations were 39.2.

It will balance out over time for all of us. I feel bad for the person in NYC getting 24.2...but I guess that is still pretty good when you are either stopped or going 10mph most of the time!

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
I come from an 8th gen hybrid...49city/50hw and I now have the 2012 LX.. let me tell you for it not having any hybrid technology in it its very gas efficient... since i was used to controlling the throttle on my hybrid I drive this one the same...i can avg about 38-42 mpg on this baby overall avaraged driving.. neeedless to say highway driving on this car i get from 44-48 mpg.... i do about 52 % hw and 48% city.. my commute to work is 12 miles expressway..and 10 miles city..
the trick is do all your speeding on the highway..and when your in the city slow down..have a slow start off then you can go fast ...if you can keep your car in the green from 0-20 mph watch your avarage mpg go up by at least 5...youll feell like a turtle pulling out from that red light but 38 mpg avarage is worth it... ill take a pic next time i have my range down to about 50 or so... remember this car is 28 city/ 39 hw and 32 avg... if you can get your avg up over 35-36 your golden!

by the way i think when the engine is at about 1000 miles or so ... the gas milage will start to get better when the engine breaks in good!

·
Registered
896 Posts
If you do your own math or use the fuelly website you'll see that the i-mid is usually off by 1-3 mpg's in most cases. So what it shows isnt dead on. Our i-mid usually shows 38-41 mpg's even at time of fill up, but in the end we're only getting around 37.8 mpg's.
As far as the mileage getting better at about 1000 miles or so its no different. Our car has always been getting the same mpg's and we're at almost 5k now.

81 - 100 of 2658 Posts