1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Will this need any modifying since we don't have a ivac hole on our manifolds anymore (rbc)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's a direct bolt on, it doesnt use the ivac, no modification needed

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if you already have the thermal throttle body gasket he discounts it $25.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
the zdx throttle body (j37) is not a direct bolt on and needs an adaptor plate to fit properly. j35 thorttle body is a direct bolt on.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the zdx throttle body (j37) is not a direct bolt on and needs an adaptor plate to fit properly. j35 thorttle body is a direct bolt on.
The one in the link I posted above is a direct bolt on because it comes with the adapter. And the j35 is not practical for our cars IMO as it is a 68mm inlet and 64mm outlet while the j37 zdx tb is a 78mm inlet and 70mm outlet.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
If I don't port my manifold me getting the zdx would be pointless right?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Well maybe I should just ask this... If I don't plan on going turbo what should I port the manifold to and what would be the ideal TB to match it.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well maybe I should just ask this... If I don't plan on going turbo what should I port the manifold to and what would be the ideal TB to match it.

Well I may not be the best person to reply to this one because you already know I am going to say 70mm with this throttle body. But I think 70mm is a good size for both N/A and F/I, and this throttle body is nice because its a large bore, it's OEM, and its not nearly as expensive as the 72mm skunk2 . And also I believe with the skunk2 tb you have to be careful and make sure you don't get one of their 1st or 2nd gen ones because a lot of people had issues with them. Everyone seemed to be happy with the 3rd gen ones though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
woops didnt see link before. that is where I ordered my throttle body from. word of the wise for anyone else looking to do this, the zdx and mdx share the same throttle body yet the zdx is WAY more expensive.

The one in the link I posted above is a direct bolt on because it comes with the adapter. And the j35 is not practical for our cars IMO as it is a 68mm inlet and 64mm outlet while the j37 zdx tb is a 78mm inlet and 70mm outlet.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
woops didnt see link before. that is where I ordered my throttle body from. word of the wise for anyone else looking to do this, the zdx and mdx share the same throttle body yet the zdx is WAY more expensive.
Ya could just order everything separate.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I just looked it up, they can both be ordered from acuraoemparts.com for $192 so they are the same price, might as well buy the kit with everything you need in it for $335 when it's going to cost you just as much to buy it all separate lol and it comes with the thermal gasket and the adapter and the extra bolts you need.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Do you have a link for the 335$ kit?

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
That's it in my first post you have to message the OP of that thread, it's a vendor or something on there though and he gets back to you pretty quickly

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well I may not be the best person to reply to this one because you already know I am going to say 70mm with this throttle body. But I think 70mm is a good size for both N/A and F/I, and this throttle body is nice because its a large bore, it's OEM, and its not nearly as expensive as the 72mm skunk2 . And also I believe with the skunk2 tb you have to be careful and make sure you don't get one of their 1st or 2nd gen ones because a lot of people had issues with them. Everyone seemed to be happy with the 3rd gen ones though.

From what I have been told if you are only going to have a full bolt-on setup 70mm is ideal but like I said that is what I've been told lol.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 222 Posts