9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Invidia n1 rattling noise

Hello,
I installed my invidia n1 exhaust system on Friday and this morning I noticed that when my car is idling or at low rpm that my exhaust makes a rattling noise. It almost sounds like it's hitting something. Could it possibly be that the stock hangers are too short and the muffler is hitting my bumper? Or could it be the heat shield?
Thanks,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Had this problem too. Take the muffler off and cut the brace that connects the 2 hanger rods together. That brace is hitting your factory hangar. Rattle gone.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Invidia Q300/N1 Civic Si

I haven't seen any threads that are officially about either of the Invidia exhausts yet, other than a couple by procivic and import dps stating that they were available to purchase. So I'm gonna start this one as an official thread for anyone who wants to share info or pics or anything else concerning them.

I purchased the Q300 from wesellcarparts.com for a great deal: $509 with shipping included. It was a pretty easy install, my cousin in law and myself got it done in about 45 minutes. Very simple.

Overall I am impressed with it, it is noticeably louder, at any given point in the rpm range. I picked It because I didn't want something too loud...I'm not gonna be THAT guy who wakes my entire neighborhood when I leave for work in the morning. It also is bearable at highway speeds as well. It definitely growls when you get on it, anyone around can hear me, I'm sure of that. It also looks great too, excellent build quality, and fitment is great. I have had it on for about 4 days now and i havent had any rattles or leaks at all. As far as power gains, I haven't dynoed yet, as I'm waiting for a dp, but its noticeably quicker from 4000 rpms and higher.

Highly recommended for those guys who want a good exhaust that is livable yet also has power gains and gets attention when you want it to.

Pics below! Don't mind the bird poo on my bumper, I must have gotten bombed on while I was at work since I parked under a tree :(

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Lol, yeah definitely not...its significantly louder than stock. It sounds just like any other aftermarket exhaust, just slightly quieter. Its still loud as is.

That's one of the only videos on a 2012 si...ill be doing some tomorrow so you can hear it wot, cruising, idle, etc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Anyone have any sound clips of the N1 exhaust?? I know there's some guys on here who have it but where the vids at? Haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here's a drive by of my n1 I had to stop because some ******* idiot pulled out. I will be making a better video this afternoon

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/xOFyrYxtsc0

21 - 40 of 1140 Posts