9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1138 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow...the q300 looks great...i was thinking of getting the Fullrace DP and Catback or Magnaflow..but due to the lack of vids of the magna flow one it's made me hesitant...but this q300 sounds great as well and looks great, I am seriously consider this one as well now...hmmm.. choices choices.. so many :p

·
Registered
572 Posts
Here's a video finally...just cold start and revs for a bit, let you guys know how it sounds. I'll make a couple more videos like drive by and inside the car too. Long story short, its got some grunt to it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like the sound but I'm worried about comfort of noise levels in the cabin by adding the DP. Video might not do it justice, what's your opinion on how tolerable it is for daily driver.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like the sound but I'm worried about comfort of noise levels in the cabin by adding the DP. Video might not do it justice, what's your opinion on how tolerable it is for daily driver.
I have the Q300 with a catted RV6 DP and I drive over 100 miles total everyday to and from work,to me it's really not that bad.I love the sound.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used to have a WRX with full 3 inch turbo-back. Looking back I would not, at my age now, drive something every day that loud. I enjoy listening to the radio these days more than the drone of my exhaust unless I feel the need to crack into it. I may just start with the cat-back and see from there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used to have a WRX with full 3 inch turbo-back. Looking back I would not, at my age now, drive something every day that loud. I enjoy listening to the radio these days more than the drone of my exhaust unless I feel the need to crack into it. I may just start with the cat-back and see from there.
Ha, That's funny. I'm coming from the a similar thing. I had a WRX with catless DP and HKS carbon Ti. I also had a EWG which was super loud. I miss it when I want to get on it but don't miss the highway drone.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yeah, I mean I'm only 20 and I don't feel like hearing my car moaning for the entirety of my commute. Or wherever I decide to go lol. As is, the q300 alone is perfect. Its audible while driving at 70mph in 6th, but its not too loud. I can easily have a conversation with someone inside the car without raising my voice. And the radio volume isn't at all overtaken, or even affected at all really, by the exhaust note.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I feel like i'm not a good judge of how loud or quiet exhausts are because i have motor mounts. They DRASTICALLY change the engine and exhaust notes inside the car.

·
October K24Z7 2012 ROTM Winner
1,236 Posts
I'm sponsored by Invidia, and all I can say is that I love the Q300 exhaust, it's quiet and you can definitely feel the power gain; I have a couple of videos in youtube: Search 2012 Honda Civic Si InvidiaQ300 full cat back.

I posted pics and review at the other 9th c i v i c site :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sponsored by Invidia, and all I can say is that I love the Q300 exhaust, it's quiet and you can definitely feel the power gain; I have a couple of videos in youtube: Search 2012 Honda Civic Si InvidiaQ300 full cat back.

I don't know man. It sounds pretty crappy in the videos. You might want to think about getting something different. PM if you end up selling it. :Banane08:

Ha, just playing. Like the vanity plate and you just made my mind up. Appreciate it.

·
1,236 Posts
Ha ha for sure man, you will be happy with your purchase :)
I don't know man. It sounds pretty crappy in the videos. You might want to think about getting something different. PM if you end up selling it. :Banane08:

Ha, just playing. Like the vanity plate and you just made my mind up. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I feel like i'm not a good judge of how loud or quiet exhausts are because i have motor mounts. They DRASTICALLY change the engine and exhaust notes inside the car.
They do? I wouldn't have thought that would actually change the tone of the exhaust...all they do is keep the engine more secure. How does that affect how audible it is?

Ha Armo you're just obligated to say how much you love the Q300 since you're sponsored by them :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ha, That's funny. I'm coming from the a similar thing. I had a WRX with catless DP and HKS carbon Ti. I also had a EWG which was super loud. I miss it when I want to get on it but don't miss the highway drone.
Yeah I had catless up-pipe, catless invidia bellmouth dp and the carbon-ti also, all I can say is it was redonkulous, my neighbors hated it.

Anyway, I really do like the sound of the Q300 and even though I was planning on not modding the car I may just have go ahead and grab it. Not having a car to work on is quite the drag.

·
1,236 Posts
They do? I wouldn't have thought that would actually change the tone of the exhaust...all they do is keep the engine more secure. How does that affect how audible it is?

Ha Armo you're just obligated to say how much you love the Q300 since you're sponsored by them :p
LOL Not at all ha ha :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dumb question where in md do you live. Some when in my developement has tw si coupe. Just wondering. I'm in parkville.
Sounds good man!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Dumb question where in md do you live. Some when in my developement has tw si coupe. Just wondering. I'm in parkville.
Sounds good man!
Thanks man! And I'll PM you so the thread doesn't get off topic :thumbup:

41 - 60 of 1138 Posts