9th Gen Civic Forum banner

241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay ladies and gentlemen, help a brother out!
Would you say 1/8"? 1/4"? More? How much?

The plan is to make this happen Sunday morning.
I’m on Sportlines and the front is .5 lower than the rear. I just got my shim kit in today and probably gonna install all 3 shims to give it a more level drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am starting to hear mixed things about these on some of the FB pages. Some guys like them and others say "meh". The truth is I'm really not that far off of a set of Tein street basis coilovers at this price point. I may end up pulling my H&R springs off and selling them to pick up some of the Teins.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got my TruHart struts and shocks installed yesterday, and have to say I’m very happy with the new setup! I also switched from Swift Spec-R to HFP springs.

I didn’t install any shims in the front, allowing the TruHart struts to give the car a very slight rake. Basically the wheel gap seems pretty even all around.

First impressions: The HFPs seem to handle nearly as well as the Swifts. I’ve noticed that they do allow a little more initial body roll, but take a set quickly. The HFPs also ride a little smoother; I no longer feel every nuance of the road surface. My car still has some impact harshness, but that’s attributable to the 225/40-18 Conti ExtremeContact Sport tires. Some lightweight 17” wheels and 225/45-17 tires are in my future; as planned.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Got my TruHart struts and shocks installed yesterday, and have to say I’m very happy with the new setup! I also switched from Swift Spec-R to HFP springs.

I didn’t install any shims in the front, allowing the TruHart struts to give the car a very slight rake. Basically the wheel gap seems pretty even all around.

First impressions: The HFPs seem to handle nearly as well as the Swifts. I’ve noticed that they do allow a little more initial body roll, but take a set quickly. The HFPs also ride a little smoother; I no longer feel every nuance of the road surface. My car still has some impact harshness, but that’s attributable to the 225/40-18 Conti ExtremeContact Sport tires. Some lightweight 17” wheels and 225/45-17 tires are in my future; as planned.
Looks good! Can you get some other pics on level ground? How much have you driven on them so far?

·
Registered
249 Posts
With my past experience with coilovers on a daily driver I just couldn't do it so I ordered up some TruHarts last night with ebay's 15% off coupon. I also ordered up the coupe isolators and spring shim kit from Chris at Redshift. Hopefully these help some of the issues I'm having with the H&R springs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hopefully these help some of the issues I'm having with the H&R springs.
Nice buy! I just got the RedShift shim kit installed this morning and it worked wonders for the issues I had with Eibach Sportlines + TruHart Shocks.

The difference in height between the front and rear went from a 0.6in. difference to a 0.2in. (Which is what it’s supposed to be) and leveled out the car perfectly. It also eliminated any rubbing I had on the front fender liners when doing full-lock and high speed turns. I’ll post better pics after I get my front camber adjusted and the car cleaned up. It’s been raining hard out here so she’s a bit dirty. Here’s a comparison between how it sat before the shim kit (bottom) and after.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great!
Thanks!
I finally got the chance to clean up the car. The difference is hard to see but very noticeable when driving. Before the Redshift shim kit, I was rubbing my fender liners on bumps and full lock turns. After the shim kit that no longer happens. It gave me just enough lift to provide clearance. Went from tucking the top of the tire to hovering right above it. The sun makes it hard to see sort of but the up close pics really show the 3/8ths increase in height.

It sits and rides exactly how I want it to now. The top halves of the pictures are before and bottom halves are after.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks great, I already have the Eibach springs I'll be doing the same thing when I hit 70K miles. Question-what size rims and tires are you running?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great, I already have the Eibach springs I'll be doing the same thing when I hit 70K miles. Question-what size rims and tires are you running?
Thanks!

70k miles is exactly when I ended up replacing my HFP struts w/ Truhart. I have an HFP coupe so I’m running the factory 9th gen Honda HFP wheels. They’re 18x7 I believe and wrapped with Pirelli P-Zero 225-40-18.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just saw the request for better pictures of my setup, hope these help some. I’ve only put a few hundred miles on them in the week they’ve been on the car. They haven’t settled any more since day two. The HFPs were used springs, so figuring that’s why they settled very quickly. I’m on 18x8 +40, with 225/40-18 tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks!
I finally got the chance to clean up the car. The difference is hard to see but very noticeable when driving. Before the Redshift shim kit, I was rubbing my fender liners on bumps and full lock turns. After the shim kit that no longer happens. It gave me just enough lift to provide clearance. Went from tucking the top of the tire to hovering right above it. The sun makes it hard to see sort of but the up close pics really show the 3/8ths increase in height.

It sits and rides exactly how I want it to now. The top halves of the pictures are before and bottom halves are after.

That does look much better. I can see how that would make the difference. I am debating on whether or not I even want to install my fronts lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That does look much better. I can see how that would make the difference. I am debating on whether or not I even want to install my fronts lol.
I’m no expert by any means but I think the best bet would be to have matching struts all the way around. Just get the $35 shim kit from Redshift and everything will be fine.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Anyone know if the shim kit can be retrofitted to the front without taking apart the strut assembly? I have truharts mounted in front with eibach prokit springs, and its a bit too low, scrubs the inner liner sometimes. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Anyone know if the shim kit can be retrofitted to the front without taking apart the strut assembly? I have truharts mounted in front with eibach prokit springs, and its a bit too low, scrubs the inner liner sometimes. Thanks.
No you will need to compress the spring and remove the top mount to install the shim.
I guess you could try placing it between the top mount and strut tower but I'm not sure if it would even fit that way

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

241 - 256 of 256 Posts