9th Gen Civic Forum banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #241

Definitely doing exhaust next.

Also contemplating some 3M wrapping on interior pieces with CF and doing a steering wheel wrap in leather/cf. I just wonder if I can pull together the diamond stitch and CF in one interior.

As for exhaust I just need to purchase the DC cat delete to connect the exhaust mani to the 2.5in downpipe I already have installed. Then a DC sports axleback i'll have an exhaust shop weld a turn down on then connect the DP with the axleback via mandrel bent 2.5in piping... thinking maybe 2.75 if its a possibility. Larger mid chambers tend to give a deeper growl verse pinched mid pipes with larger outlets sounding more raspy.

We'll see. Also new lighting all around. And when I do I'll post another LED lighting thread because these things will be made for anything Acura/Honda and they damn near set the world on fire when they light up.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Puddle lights would be cool. Im just not sure how id wire them to to turn on.

Do people typically wire them to turn on before they get in the car or when they open the door and the interior lights come on?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Hey everyone.

Been quite a while since roaming around these parts. It's about that warm time of the year again which means more time and money to spend on the whip.

Not done much of anything since my last update. In fact I'd veture to say nothing mod wise has changed up until just the last few weeks. I have however decided to purchase the car out of it's lease and sign on for a 100,000 mile warranty. Happy about that. Got good credit in my name (it was unestablished before) and a score higher than my mom. hahaha And that's saying something.

In the last few weeks Ive decided to finally make some lighting changes from the cheap ebay stuff I had.

I picked these up and the quality blow me away.

Made a little DIY for the ILX guys. DIY: ILX G1 Foglight Swap - Album on Imgur

Starting with some simple DIY just to get in the habit of taking the important pics. I've made two so far just for lighting. Plans are to make them for other parts like exhaust, intake, suspension, etc etc but I have a bad habit of taking a couple pics then half way through just finishing the install without any pictures.

Picked those fogs up from the same guy that sold me the amazing reverse LEDs if got. The fogs are from phillips as he wouldnt suggest anything else. For brake lights however he pointed me straight to the LEDs he has been developing.

You can find these lights and more at https://af-lighting.net/

These specific lights (red 280s) can be found here https://af-lighting.net/products/il4...ybrid-led-pair

Brake light DIY DIY: ILX G1 Brakelight Swap - Album on Imgur

OE output.

Aftermarket AFSpec output.

Left OE. Right AFSpec 280 LEDs

OE

OE

AFSpec 280s

AFspec 280s

Let me just say HOLY JESUS ON A SKATEBOARD JUST OLLIED OVER A CLIFF AND TURNED INTO A PTERODACTYL CHRIST! That's bright!

And lastly, I got my fenders rolled all for corners and through some 25mm GarageLine spacers in the rear. Love how the rear sits. But I cant lower the front any more so I may raise the rear to even it out. I also want to see if 25mm spacers will fit in the front. Maybe this weekend or the next.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Nice build. Never really cared for the 1G ilx but yours changed my mind
Thank you! The ILX in general doesn't see a lot of love. Understandably so since the SI rides right up along side it price/performance wise and the TSX/TL/TLX sit right above it for just a little more. I came from an Integra. And to me, this is like an Integra v3 (I never owned the RSX).

Good stuff, car is looking nice.
Thank you. Loads more work to go but happy I'm throwing money at it again. Slowly for now.

Great looking car!
Thanks for the kind words!

My Ebay plate LEDs are flicking now. Cheap is as cheap does. Ordered some new LEDs from Retrofitsource.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/led-bulbs/osram-t10-194-ledriving-6000k-led-bulbs-51207.html
These were suggested for any 194 plate light which Im sure you guys use as well.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
I definitely suggest these plate lights. All the lighting I have Id highly suggest now.

Old verse New

You can see with the old LEDs the diodes were starting to die. Cheap is as cheap does.

New left. Old right. You can see the philips LEDs give a more full light pattern where as the cheaper ebay light pattern breaks up into rays.

In the end they both looked similarly bright but once it got dark I was surprised by how much light was emitted. Easily twice as bright IMO.

Fogs (H11)- Philips Xtreme Ultinon LED 2700K Gold 2200lm
^same but white
DRL (9005)- AFspec H-LED 480lm white
Reverse (921)- Philips T10 Xtreme Vision white
Plate (194)- Philips 194 Xtreme Vision white
Brake (7443)- AFspec 280 30w LED red

I cant seem to find a link to the 9005 DRLs...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #252 (Edited)

Front spacers on. 25mm from garageline to match the rear.
New tires. 215/40 instead of the 225s I had before. Nitto Neo Gen Ultra-High Performance All-Seasons.
Alignment done. Front sits around -1.0 while the rear sits around -3.0
Slight rubbing when wheels is locked left or right at higher speeds. So not much at all.

Replaced front pads at about 50k. Pads were hot spotting. Decided to replace them while I was there. Just need to pick up some oil for an oil change and she'll be smooth sailing for the next year at least.

At this point all funds that would go toward the car (and anywhere else for that matter) will go toward a trip to Japan I plan on taking with some work friends. They have been more than once. It will be my first time. Each year they stay longer. This year they plan to stay at 3 different hostels to visit more of Japan than they have before while spending 23 full days (plus 2 half days for traveling). I am so excited it's all I can talk about and it's a year from now.

The hostels they stay in cost at most $30 a night. Air fair is the biggest expenditure at about $1,000 for a two-way ticket. They suggest $3000 which would be way more than enough to spend a good amount eating each day and a ton for souvenir. Im not really the souvenir type and I eat far far less than any of them so I'm thinking I'll easily get away with more like $2G. That would leave $13 every day to eat. Which is honestly more than enough but also consider I am rounding up cost for hostels and airfair so it'll really be more like $25 a day to eat or do whatever I want. Most days are spent at free temples/gardens/other sights. Only the larger temples charge. Most you just pay respect, take your shoes off, and go on your way.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,241 Posts
I've been to Japan on 5 separate occasions and travelled up north in Hokkaido to down south in Okinawa and many places in between. If it's your first time there when you step off the plane it's like going to another world but you'll get use to it quick lol. You'll have a blast just plan carefully when you go and where you go cause the weather can change to different extremes, the summer months being very hot and humid and the winter months the north of Japan is pretty cold and gets lots of snow. The major cities are super busy most of the time but especially so around rush hour and the train system there is very efficient and how most people get around but is confusing so be ready for that.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Thanks for the advice.

I will be going with some friends that have all been twice. So this will be my first time but it will be the third for the 3-4 others. I pretty much plan to bring enough for airfare, room, food, and just a little extra for the occasional souvenir but I'm not exactly one for that so I see myself grabbing small things to throw on my car like maybe something to hang from the mirror, MAYBE a decal or something "authentic" but nothing crazy or expensive.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts