9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also, doing a hard reset with the battery works. Disconnect both terminals, bring them together for about 5-15 min. Replace the connections and it should come back up. Went to the dealership yesterday and that's what they did. Hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, thanks for the help. My 2015 Si with 845 miles just had this problem today, no info at all from the i-MID. Like stated on this thread I remove the fuse #29 put it back and it all went back to normal. I was getting ready to visit the Honda dealer on Monday, but my question is why a brand new Si with 845 miles ( 3 weeks old ) had this problem?? Thanks again for the HELP. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
oh my oh my, so glad I found this forum and thread. I have been dealing with stereo issue for 6 months(of course, after warranty is gone) all my stock stereo dash lights gone, controls in steering wheel gone. Honda will gladly take $150 to start to look at it, $500 to replace stock radio(like I would). Not worth it, so I lived with it. Then today, odometer gone. Went to dealer, and they want $50 to do software upgrade(what? to get a basic stock necessity???) THEN, I found this thread. I replaced #29 fuse BOOM, all fixed-stereo controls, lights, odometer. Take that Honda!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I changed the battery of my Civic 2012 LXL and I-mid stop to show range, back camera and etc, so I remove the fuse 29, turn the car in on without working the engine, the imid appear all black and the radio didn´t work. Next I turned off and put back the fuse 29 in his place. I turned on the car again and all infortmation and language came back. It seams like a reset. Thanks for all help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this problem yesterday. No mileage analysis display or speedometer/odometer. Read this forum and checked #29 fuse and it was good. Pulling the negative battery cable and touching it to the positive cable for few seconds fixed everything. On another note, I've always had the issue of the steering wheel radio controls stop working once every blue moon but that always seem to correct itself overnight without any intervention.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Honda Civic stopped showing the MPG and Range and Odometer reading during the extremely cold weather in Ohio (not sure if there's any cause and effect related to the weather). I took the car to the Honda dealership and they tried to see what was causing the problem. They told me I need a new IMID console which would cost about $700.. Resetting the system didn't work. Does anyone have advice for me about this repair or what I might try on my own?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2012 civic LX had the same no odometer/trip/fuel-mileage issue, so after reading a suggestion online somewhere to try disconnecting the battery, I did so. Then reconnected it 45 mins later, and hallelujah, these missing 3 things had returned. However, it stills seem to wanna start a little hesitantly if I've been running the AC and doing only short drives. AAA tested it and said battery's fine though the alternator's reading indicates the battery is dead or depleted (forget which). I'll try checking all fuses before trying anything else.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and registered just to see if anyone knows what's up with my Civic... as the title says, my civic's i-MID display reverse image search email checker port checker won't show average fuel economy, range, and total miles. On top of that, when I change the brightness of the dash, the meter that would normally come up on the i-MID has disappeared! And the small little animation that appears when turning ECON on and off is... gone. It just shows an icon on the dash now. I've googled, I've searched this forum, I've asked other 9th gen civic owners and nobody knows how to fix it. I just want to make sure that I've exhausted all my options before having to drag the car to the dealership.

Help please :( I'm really annoyed. Thanks guys!
I have an Si by the way. Car has 7k miles on it. Taking it to the dealer on monday. So lame.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts