9th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Man I thought people were silly for messing with these r18 cars. I don't even know what to call that focus owner. You took him to Gapplebees

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m the individual who posted this on the Facebook page. My Jr’s plans are to boost this r18 as an end goal, so he knows what he was getting into with spending on fbo. I informed him that there wasn’t much to gain in the process of him buying parts. Hopefully this helped a lot of the r18 folk understand that there isn’t much to gain without boost.
At the end of the day, respect to those who work with what they have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I stole this from facebook.

This is info for those who wonder what they can do to make their R18 faster. This car belongs to a younger enthusiast and he is full bolt on meaning intake, downpipe, exhaust, and tuned on Hondata(stock manifold because an aftermarket manifold is useless). An r18 wouldn’t really benefit from a manifold unless it was boosted.
This dyno reads whp(wheel horsepower) for those who don’t know. I usually assume there a 15% power loss from crank to wheels. Let’s do science to see what kind of gains were made.
Stock r18(2015) = 143hp/1.15 = 124whp
FBO r18(2015) = 155hp/1.15 = 135whp
When doing the same with torque, he gained about 20lb.ft of wheel torque.
If these gains are worth it for you, then expect to be spending at least $2k(fbo, Hondata, and tune). More if you don’t know how to install yourself.

View attachment 492290
Not that anybody knows how to google or search anymore, but maybe this will cut down on some repetitive threads.
Do you know the brand of the intake, downpipe and exhaust he had?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I stole this from facebook.

This is info for those who wonder what they can do to make their R18 faster. This car belongs to a younger enthusiast and he is full bolt on meaning intake, downpipe, exhaust, and tuned on Hondata(stock manifold because an aftermarket manifold is useless). An r18 wouldn’t really benefit from a manifold unless it was boosted.
This dyno reads whp(wheel horsepower) for those who don’t know. I usually assume there a 15% power loss from crank to wheels. Let’s do science to see what kind of gains were made.
Stock r18(2015) = 143hp/1.15 = 124whp
FBO r18(2015) = 155hp/1.15 = 135whp
When doing the same with torque, he gained about 20lb.ft of wheel torque.
If these gains are worth it for you, then expect to be spending at least $2k(fbo, Hondata, and tune). More if you don’t know how to install yourself.

View attachment 492290
Not that anybody knows how to google or search anymore, but maybe this will cut down on some repetitive threads.
I’m thinking about getting a Skunk2 Stage 2 cam. Because the chain tensioners are getting noisy with 250k miles and my rideshare days are about over. They advertised 11 Hp with the cam and tune. Was a cam upgrade a consideration? Or did the customer just, want the sound and needed, a tune to accommodate the new exhaust?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts