9th Gen Civic Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
coilover recommendation

Hello everyone,

finally dropping my 2013 Honda civic 2dr Ex. asking for recommendation for coilovers. i was thinking of getting Tein of Function form. Which one do you think is better? car will be used for daily drive.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
Hello everyone,

finally dropping my 2013 Honda civic 2dr Ex. asking for recommendation for coilovers. i was thinking of getting Tein of Function form. Which one do you think is better? car will be used for daily drive.
Merged, with expiring redirect, into stickied which coilovers? thread.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hello everyone,

If you get tein youd have to get their conversion kit to run them on non si versions its like 150 and the street basis z are 500 so in total 650 give or take. The function and form you dont have to worry about that but even still they are at least 150 more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any springs for a 2014 civic sedan lx that only drop 1.2 inches or less? (excluding any hfp suspension)

I have a steep driveway and road conditions are bad so im looking for the smallest drop possible. Again, for my LX.

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Coilover choices?

So I’ve been looking around for coils and tbh I’m not sure what to choose I’m just looking for something that’ll take some of the wheel gap away but also be DDable. I’ve read in one of the post on here that swift springs is a upgrade to any coilover setup, or am I understanding that incorrectly? Also I understand I would need to pick up some Skunk2 rear camber arms and possibly some front camber bolts as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went with the Tein Flex Z. They are soft and DDable.

If you go with Swift spring, I would want to replace the damper at the same time. Your car probably has a lot of miles and are on the original damper.

Depending on how low and what camber you want, will determine what you will need.

The Flex Z comes with front camber plates and can be pair with camber bolts.

The rear suspension on our car are non-adjustable. I would suggest Dorman 521-872 Rear Upper Suspension Control Arm.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,416 Posts
Merged.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went with the Tein Flex Z. They are soft and DDable.

If you go with Swift spring, I would want to replace the damper at the same time. Your car probably has a lot of miles and are on the original damper.

Depending on how low and what camber you want, will determine what you will need.

The Flex Z comes with front camber plates and can be pair with camber bolts.

The rear suspension on our car are non-adjustable. I would suggest Dorman 521-872 Rear Upper Suspension Control Arm.
I’m not wanting to go to low just yet but to where I can slam the car when I want to. I saw BC racing BR are good coils to go with but then again I’m not sure tbh, I saw that function and form type 2s are decent for the price as well.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts