9th Gen Civic Forum banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
The coupés 2d whole front end was redesigned for the 2014 4d models made more narrow and curved. I know that's why no after market headlights exist for coupé yet.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
I have a 2014 Civic Si coupé and I wanna remove the front Si, but looking at it I can't see it being possible. Anyone have any idea? I hate how unsemetric it makes my front end look with only 1 logo on 1 side. I was thinking just carbon vinyl wrapping it just to make it less noticable. It doesn't come off does it?
If you don't like the asymmetric look, you can more easily shoot it with plastidip. I had done that to the front H on my last coupe, and it (the H, not the car) disappeared.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been debating on removing the civic emblem from my car and was wondering what peoples opinions were of the look since I haven't seen any silver 2015 Si coupes with this done. Below I have posted two pictures, one with the emblem and one that I simply used cut and paste to cover the emblem to get the feel for how it would look. Also, I have been watching a lot of videos on how to safely remove emblems and was wondering if there was anything I should be careful of if I decide to remove it. Any info. is helpful, thanks!

FullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender.jpeg

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Use dental floss or fishing line and take your time. Goo gone can remove any leftover adhesive. Then apply a lil wax where you "goo gone'd" it

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I have been debating on removing the civic emblem from my car and was wondering what peoples opinions were of the look since I haven't seen any silver 2015 Si coupes with this done. Below I have posted two pictures, one with the emblem and one that I simply used cut and paste to cover the emblem to get the feel for how it would look. Also, I have been watching a lot of videos on how to safely remove emblems and was wondering if there was anything I should be careful of if I decide to remove it. Any info. is helpful, thanks!

View attachment 403778 View attachment 403786
definitely looks better without it. I removed my Si emblem too. warmed it up with a hair dryer, and used dental floss to remove it. took off the remaining adhesive with wax.

Reactions: RujoKinJal

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2014 Civic Si coupé and I wanna remove the front Si, but looking at it I can't see it being possible. Anyone have any idea? I hate how unsemetric it makes my front end look with only 1 logo on 1 side. I was thinking just carbon vinyl wrapping it just to make it less noticable. It doesn't come off does it?
Here's a picture why it doesn't seem possible.

It looks like it's base is molded into the grill and if I cut it out there would be a big hole in the grill which is worse.
I removed the front Si from my '14 coupe.
The actual letters are stuck onto the grill just like in the back. Once you remove the letters you're left with a black section of the grill that's flat and has the outline of the letters.
You can still see where the Si was but from a distance, it's not noticeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I debadged my car within the first week that I had it, now I'm trying to go for a chrome delete. I'm trying to avoid plasti-dip but want to get a murdered look (imo it's the mix of matte black accents/wheels with gloss black paint that makes some murdered cars look garbage).

Would I be able to use straight car paint on my emblem/chrome, or would I need to sand my logo/use primer and/or clear coat to make sure it sticks (sorry I can't provide a specific link since my post count isn't high enough yet, but if you look up "gloss black car paint" on amazon they have spray cans of the stuff for like 12 bucks)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I debadged my car within the first week that I had it, now I'm trying to go for a chrome delete. I'm trying to avoid plasti-dip but want to get a murdered look (imo it's the mix of matte black accents/wheels with gloss black paint that makes some murdered cars look garbage).

Would I be able to use straight car paint on my emblem/chrome, or would I need to sand my logo/use primer and/or clear coat to make sure it sticks (sorry I can't provide a specific link since my post count isn't high enough yet, but if you look up "gloss black car paint" on amazon they have spray cans of the stuff for like 12 bucks)
Plastidip apparently has a glossifier that was just pointed out to me yesterday on here. the matte finish was my hesitation as well but if they have a gloss application then I think that is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Screenshot_2016-07-14-03-38-19.jpg I used my blow dryer on the hottest setting until I could wiggle it then I swiped behind it with 3 or 4 pieces of floss and it came right off. Then I used some turtle wax thing to take off the stickiness and voila.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did the same, didn't even need a blow dryer, sitting in the sun for a little worked just fine.

Don't use a heat gun unless u know what you are doing u can bake the paint and ruin it. Most hair dryers would work just fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did the same, didn't even need a blow dryer, sitting in the sun for a little worked just fine.

Don't use a heat gun unless u know what you are doing u can bake the paint and ruin it. Most hair dryers would work just fine.
Agreed with not even having to use anything if it's a warm day and being careful with a heat gun.
Just debadged the civic emblem.
Use some goo gone to get rid of the residue and add some polish or wax and good to go.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,538 Posts
I'm wondering where I can find the blue honda badges for my ex I don't know where to look can you please help thank you
Try Aliexpress that's where I got my replica black badges prices are pretty good but shipping time can be slow.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts