9th Gen Civic Forum banner

221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
It may have been mentioned somewhere in here, but removing front Si emblem on 15 sedan. Is there a bracket or anything behind it that would look stupid if removed? I'm debating it but If I need a whole new grill it's not worth it.
I am pretty certain it's 3M tape on the grill and there's a spot for it specifically.
It's just a bracket with 2 screws holding the front Si grill. I removed mine the other day.

debadged by Shadman I, on Flickr

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm a bit confused as to why people debadge. In my opinion, it does not make the car look any better. You're removing something you've paid for when you bought the car. Just my opinion :)
I get annoyed when kids see the Si badge and are trying to race or do stupid wreckless things on the road. I think it looks cleaner as well. I paid mostly for the engine, trans, interior. Removing $40 badges isn't going to hurt

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to Debadge Front and Rear Honda Emblems?!?!

Can someone pleeease, just give a quick run down or maybe a video link on this?

Thanks!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

Merged with existing debadging thread.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Debadge the Civic. It looks much cleaner
DSC_0748.jpg

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
Heat, peel, Goo-gone. Or WD-40.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I saw the actual thread in the decal section.. I think letting the car sit in the sun all day might do the trick without heating, so I can do it on my lunch break! Tomorrow the civic and dohc accents will be GONE! lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Debadge

Hey guys i was wondering i any of you know whats the best way to de-badge my civic emblem. I know how to do it but other times ive scratched and chipped my paint. Like my accords and sir etc. any tips? Heat? Moisture??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey guys i was wondering i any of you know whats the best way to de-badge my civic emblem. I know how to do it but other times ive scratched and chipped my paint. Like my accords and sir etc. any tips? Heat? Moisture??
I have heard of people doing it with dental floss.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You're definitely doing something wrong if you're scratching and/or chipping paint.

You need to heat the badge up first. I would recommend a "hair dryer", because not using a heat gun in the correct moderation can cause damage.

After heating the badge up, push on it, and it should somewhat move and feel "loose".

After heating it up & it's pretty hot to the touch & you can budge it with your hand, you're ready for removal. Sometimes on newer cars you can pull them right off after heat. If not, you need a line to remove it. I use thin fishing line, but you can also use dental floss like dwasifar2 mentioned.

After the badge is removed you might still have 3M on the car. This is where you have to be careful. You need to work it off with your fingers. People always try doing things like scrapping it off with something, or try using chemical products that end up being to strong and this is where most people cause damage.

Use the hair dryer in moderation and give the remaining 3M some heat, and simultaneously roll the 3M with your fingers. Just roll it off of the paint working it with your thumb.

After you have all of the physical 3M tape removed, you probably are gonna have some residue left. You can remove this with WD-40 or isopropyl alcohol or something of that nature.

Wash & wax area after everything is clean and removed.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts
In the future, please do a Search, or click on New Posts, or browse the appropriate form/subforum. There happens to be an active, stickied thread on this topic.

Merged.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Took off the the civic today, came off easy and adhesive came off easy as well.. add goo gone for the stubborn spots but when the car is dirty I can still see the outline of the letters for civic... should I scrub harder or maybe try a buff?

·
Registered
397 Posts
^Try Mineral Spirits on a rag and clean area modestly. Wash & clean area after. Then buff & wax.

If that doesn't do it might need to be slightly wet-sanded. And if it's still visible after wet-sanding then the area that was covered by the emblem is just fresh paint & the rest of the paint has faded with age, and there isn't anything you can do about that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2014 Civic Si coupé and I wanna remove the front Si, but looking at it I can't see it being possible. Anyone have any idea? I hate how unsemetric it makes my front end look with only 1 logo on 1 side. I was thinking just carbon vinyl wrapping it just to make it less noticable. It doesn't come off does it?

221 - 240 of 257 Posts