9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Does your 2012 Civic Si Burn Oil?

• Total voters
1341 - 1346 of 1346 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
I know this is for 2012 and I have a 2013 but I just wanted to share my experience.

Before my first oil change when I was on the factory fill my engine oil level was down to the bottom hole on the dipstick and my maintenance minder was at only 30% I was pretty concerned about it knowing the engine oil burning issue on some 2012s. I ended up topping it up with a quart of Mobil 1 0W20 to hold me over till I was due for my first oil change. I mentioned this to the dealer when I took it in for my first oil change and they told me to monitor it.

I've been monitoring the oil and relieved to report that the other day I checked the oil and the oil level is still at the top hole on the dipstick while my maintenance minder was at 40%. So it burned oil pretty good on the original factory fill I'm guessing because all the new motor parts absorbed and burned much of the factory fill and once fully broken in the engine is now running at optimal and no more oil is being burnt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm curious I have a 2014 CVT civic and haven't changed the oil yet since I'm not at that 15% but i used mobile one on my 09 civic and consumed oil so I wouldn't use that. Any specific brand anyone using with no consumption or burning problem?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've been monitoring the oil and relieved to report that the other day I checked the oil and the oil level is still at the top hole on the dipstick while my maintenance minder was at 40%. So it burned oil pretty good on the original factory fill I'm guessing because all the new motor parts absorbed and burned much of the factory fill and once fully broken in the engine is now running at optimal and no more oil is being burnt.
I am 6000 kms into my factory fill on my 2014 and it hasn't burned a drop. I've been driving it like I stole it from day 1 when it had 5 kms on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, I have an appointment at Honda tomorrow to follow up on excessive burning oil. I was about 2500 miles into my last oil change done by the dealership when a notice saying to check my oil level popped up. When I checked it was almost completely empty. I had to go buy 3 quarts and put it into the engine myself. So I told them this time around so they could follow up on it

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Damn I guess mines ok at 1/2 qt low in about 3000 miles.My vin is included in the service bulletin also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1341 - 1346 of 1346 Posts