9th Gen Civic Forum banner

401 - 420 of 429 Posts

·
Vendor
628 Posts
I agree...However, is there an easier way to raise the rear height settings vs the flat head and hammer method?
Well, you just use the included adjustment wrench to change the ride height. The flat head and hammer is just kind of a last step to make sure everything is as tight and locked down as possible. It is just an extra step we do here since we have the "PRO" name to live up to :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there any preset settings you guys can provide before I start installing it?
For top (purple) adjusting portion can be tighten up to which measurement (inch or cm)?
What would be the combination for 1 finger gap height?

Also, how many turns of clockwise or counterclockwise for street usage (weekend track) stiffness?

·
Registered
15 Posts
care to get a set for "dirt cheap" and sell it to me with a slight markup so you can make your fair share on it :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ran to a problem with my d2 coilovers today while trying to figure out my clunking noise problem. I tried tightening the top mount screw that holds the whole coilover assembly together that needs a hex tool to be in place while tightening. However the hex tool broke on me and now half of it is stuck inside the coilovers (the location where you would put the dampening setting tool). Any advice on what I should do?

Attachments

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I ran to a problem with my d2 coilovers today while trying to figure out my clunking noise problem. I tried tightening the top mount screw that holds the whole coilover assembly together that needs a hex tool to be in place while tightening. However the hex tool broke on me and now half of it is stuck inside the coilovers (the location where you would put the dampening setting tool). Any advice on what I should do?
A tool retrieval wand which is magnetic.?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Needless nose pliers may work...it looks like you may be able to grab it a bit still. A strong magnet?

If those don't work then try using some super glue and gluing it to another tool. Let it harden completely and then try to wiggle it loose.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Normally I would suggest drilling out the remaining part of the hex tool a bit to allow a tool to get in there, but in this case it's just too tight of an area and you might damage the coilover adjustment knob. So, here is what I would suggest, clean the top of the stub of the hex tool (stuck in the coilover) with rubbing alcohol and let it dry. Do the same for the other end of the hex tool that broke off. After that use some VERY strong adhesive (Super Krazy Glue 2000 Lb strength or whatever you can find) to bond the rest of the hex tool back onto the stub. Wait until the bond if complete, then spray some PB Blaster around the hex tool to help loosen it. After that, try to remove the hex tool. Hopefully that works!

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Compressed air blown through some poly tubing which is sealed around the little nubbin that the hex key broke off in might blow it out.

Official K24Z7 Crew #372

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Left handed drill bit (small, like 1/8"). Make sure you drill counter clockwise, take your time. Then use appropriate easy out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a question about the D2 Coil overs, I installed them and then realized that I didnt install the rear brake mount brackets. Is it necessary to install them? Thanks!

·
Vendor
628 Posts
I have a question about the D2 Coil overs, I installed them and then realized that I didnt install the rear brake mount brackets. Is it necessary to install them? Thanks!
If you have an Si model, you don't need it. If you have a non-Si model it is recommended you use it, but to be honest I'm not sure if anything bad would happen if you didn't. I don't think it would rub or hit anything at all.

401 - 420 of 429 Posts