9th Gen Civic Forum banner

421 - 429 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys. I've been skimming through the thread but couldn't find anything about this. So, I'm running D2 RS coilovers and I've been happy with them for the most part. I've been wondering though; How can I make these stiffer? I rub on the fronts on little bumps often and somewhat in the back and I can see little scrape marks on my tire. I have the dampening set to max stiff (all 4 corners) but honestly, it's still pretty soft. Do I adjust the preload itself or is that not recommended? I just want to make sure I have good information before I change anything with my setup. I'm running 18x9+35 on 225/40 tires and not sure how much I'm dropped but I have about ~2.25 inches from the fender to the wheel. I'm sure that the rubbing will stop if I go to 215/40 but I want to know what I can do with what I have now before buying new tires. I can provide pictures if needed.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Hey guys. I've been skimming through the thread but couldn't find anything about this. So, I'm running D2 RS coilovers and I've been happy with them for the most part. I've been wondering though; How can I make these stiffer? I rub on the fronts on little bumps often and somewhat in the back and I can see little scrape marks on my tire. I have the dampening set to max stiff (all 4 corners) but honestly, it's still pretty soft. Do I adjust the preload itself or is that not recommended? I just want to make sure I have good information before I change anything with my setup. I'm running 18x9+35 on 225/40 tires and not sure how much I'm dropped but I have about ~2.25 inches from the fender to the wheel. I'm sure that the rubbing will stop if I go to 215/40 but I want to know what I can do with what I have now before buying new tires. I can provide pictures if needed.
If you have the dampening set to max, sounds like you will need to increase the spring pre-load while making sure not to lower the car any more. Luckily the D2 RS coilovers have this capability. If that still doesn't work, you might have to raise the car up just a bit.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did you roll your fenders?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Rise pre-load another 5mm. Test drive, your analysis, then another 5mm if need be.
EDIT
The Rear, adjust the shock shorter(to compress your springs)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I suggest getting fenders rolled, and see what happens. If it doesn't solve it, raise the car up some. If you don't want to do that, I'd suggest going to a shop and get corner balanced to set your preload to your liking. I have a 235/45 on a similar setup and stopped rubbing after rolling my fenders.

421 - 429 of 429 Posts